Lux’s Life Hacks #1
Lux Property Group introduces “Lux’s Life Hacks,” with this debut article! We pledge to undergo hours of treacherous research and experiments to continue all to bring you the most useful and effective household and life hacks to make your life easier! Subscribe to our blog to stay informed and up to date!
Flattened Shag Carpeting
Raise flattened spots in your carpeting where heavy furniture has stood by using a steam iron. Hold over the spot and build up a good steam. Then brush up the carpet.
For spilled wax on carpet, use a brown paper bag as a blotter and run a hot iron over it, which will absorb the wax.
Blot up excess moisture with paper towel. Pour club soda on the spot and continue blotting. Lay a towel over the spot and set a heavy object on top in order to absorb all the moisture.
When washing and drying foam-backed throw rugs, never wash in hot water, and use the “air only” dryer setting to dry. Heat will ruin foam.
Crayon Marks on Floors
Use silver polish to remove crayon marks from vinyl tile or linoleum.
Spilled Nail Polish
Allow to almost dry, then peel off of waxed floors or tile.
Use paste wax to remove tar from floors. Works on shoes too.
Stretch a nylon stocking over the dust mop and discard when used.
Use cold tea to clean woodwork and varnished floors.
Rub floor with ice cubes to solidify grease. Scrape up excess and wash with soapy water.
Put a piece of waxed paper under your dust mop. Dirt will stick to the mop and the wax will shine your floors.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Did you know the electric chair was invented by a dentist
- Did you know a crocodile can’t stick out its tongue
- Did you know rubber bands last longer when kept refrigerated
- Did you know women blink twice as much as men
- Did you know only female mosquitoes bite
- Did you know household dust is made of dead skin cells
- Did you know the past tense for the English word ‘dare’ is ‘durst’
- Did you know hummingbirds can’t walk
- Did you know wind doesn’t make a sound until it blows against an object
- Did you know the Taj Mahal in India is made entirely out of marble
- Did you know Bill Gates began programming computers at the of age 13
Subscribe to our blog to keep up on our home cleaning tips and tricks and all over useful and valid “Lux’s Life Hacks” and our all around useful and informative blog for homeowners, people and, well, Arizonians, or course!